+Constant paper jams
If paper is constantly jamming in your copier, it may be the paper being used. As a first step, try a fresh ream of paper as damaged or damp paper can get stuck. Alternatively, try printing from a different tray. If this works, call us as there may be a problem with your machine. When removing a paper jam, try to ensure that you take the paper out carefully and along its natural path. Never force or jerk it out. If you have a paper jam that you cannot clear, don’t try to use other objects to clear it. Please lodge a service call.
+Marks on copies
If you are consistently getting a mark or line on your copies, check to see whether it is happening when you are feeding your originals through the document feeder. Try a network print. If the copy comes out fine, try cleaning the slit glass under the document feeder with a soft, dampened cloth. If the problem persists, lodge a service call with us.
Sometimes an error code may appear on the copier’s screen. In the first instance, switch the machine off and then back on at the main switch or the power point. If this doesn’t fix the error message, call us.
+Things to consider when buying a copier
- Make sure the copying and/or printing speeds meet your needs. Is the copier fast enough for you or alternatively are you paying extra for a copier that is more than you need?
- Are the paper trays big enough and can you purchase additional trays if required?
- What are the per copy meter reading costs in your service contract?
- Can extra options be added to your copier after the initial purchase? Quite often you may find that you need to add features later on. Make sure they are available for the copier you buy.
- Is the after-sales service up to scratch? Ensure that service reliability and professionalism are part of your ongoing contract.
+Securing your print job
On most multi function machines you can ensure that a confidential document only prints when you are at the copier to pick it up. Simply follow these steps:
- On your computer desktop, choose the copier you want to print to and go to the ‘Properties’ section
- Under the ‘Basic’ tab, go to ‘Output Method’ and choose ‘Secure Print’
- Click on ‘User Settings’ and type in your Secure Print ID number, eg ’1234′
- Type a password (eg ‘test’) and then click on ‘OK’ three times to send your document to the copier ready for you to retrieve it
- At the copier, touch ‘User Box’ and then touch ‘Use Document’ followed by ‘System User Box’ and ‘Secure Print User Box’ before touching ‘OK’
- Type in your Secure Print ID (in this case ’1234′) and then type in your password (in this case ‘test’) and OK
- Highlight the thumbnail of the document to print and then press ‘Print’.
Paper for your copier should always be stored in a warm, dry place. If your machine is going to be out of use for an extended period (such as school holidays), remove the remaining paper from all paper trays and store in a dry location.
+Reducing power consumption
You can reduce the amount of electricity that your copier uses by utilising the power save function. You can either use the ‘Power Save’ button on the operation panel of the machine, or we can program the machine to automatically go into power save mode.
+Cleaning your copier
The outside of your machine can be kept clean by spraying a little multi-purpose cleaner onto a soft cloth and then wiping the machine. Never use sprays directly on the machine. Stubborn marks on the glass can be cleaned with a small amount of methylated sprits and a soft cloth.
(c) 2013 Barwon Copying Solutions. All rights reserved. Web Design by Getpixel